We are please to announce that a new pre-conference was added to the programme, presented by the WHO Office for the African Region & WHO-FIC Collaborating Centre for Africa region: Interprofessional collaboration to improve cause of death statistics: Crucial to improve systems for health.
Date: Wednesday 31 july 2019 @08:30 – 11:30
Venue: Amref international University, Nairobi, Kenya
Cost: This workshop free.
- Understanding the double inequity lens on health information in Africa noting existing initiatives in the WHO African Region to strengthen civil registration and vital statistics
- Explore why cause of death statistics are pivotal to health service delivery
- Sharing experiences with verbal autopsy to fill the gap
- Interprofessional collaboration to improve the cause of death statistics:
- The crucial role of community health workers, nurses, medical practitioners and health administrators
- The next steps to build a Civil Registration and Vital Statistics system
- Using Verbal Autopsy
- Orientation on ICD mortality/cause of death coding
Click here to register for this workshop by 21 July 2019